ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Creating a Secure Admin ID account on the TSM Server for a Web-Based Client Restore.

2012-03-30 11:45:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Creating a Secure Admin ID account on the TSM Server for a Web-Based Client Restore.
From: "Dolinski, Peter S" <dolinski AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:18:21 -0700
I was wondering whether some of you knows whether and how you can setup
a local admin user ID on the TSM server in order for somebody to use the
TSM web client for restores of files and folders.

I read in the admin guide that a user ID with "client access" authority
could be used to backup and restore files on a server. If you use this
authority, is the TSM server secured? In other words, If somebody uses a
user ID with a client access authority to login to a TSM client on the
web, can he/she do something to cause any damage to the TSM server.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Peter