ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RFE 17805

2012-03-29 16:12:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RFE 17805
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:09:15 +0200
Hi,

node replication is nice, but there is no automatic failover, yet.

So, in a dual-DC setup you can failover TSM in HACMP, but it's completely
useless, same for replication, noting automatic. Now, what do you do when
everything (and I mean everything; mainframe LPARS, databases, file servers,
application servers,  NAS filers, everything) fails over in a dual-DC setup but
you have to manually reconfigure either every TSM client in the node
replication setup, or all of your TSM storage pools. Either way your crucial
databases have stopped archiving their logs and filled up the active log
filespace long before 24x7 staff even comes round to calling the TSM admins.