ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 and iSCSI

2012-03-27 14:01:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 and iSCSI
From: Dean Landry <DeanLandry AT NOBLETRADE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:44:01 +0000
Hi,

Answers are below, but I've had no issues at all with our iSCSI solution with
TSM, or any other server for that matter. We currently run TSM 6.2.2 on
Windows, but non-TSM OS's such as Linux and BSD have had no issues either.

We actually use Veeam backup and replication for Vmware, and I've scripted the
jobs to kick off respective TSM backups for DR. That product heavily relies on
compression and deduplication and its backup pool is sitting on a raw mapped
iSCSI disk.

We have over 160TB of iSCSI SAN and the only thing still using fiber is a
legacy IBM DS4700 stack.

If you are interested in more info feel free to reach out.

Dean.