ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Multiple restore session fails in TSM5.3 on AIX5.5

2012-03-15 06:47:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Multiple restore session fails in TSM5.3 on AIX5.5
From: devesh <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 03:32:56 -0700
Hello All,

I am trying to perform multiple restore operation parallely.
But whenever I try, only one session start other session terminates with
following error :

ANS1247I Waiting for files from the server...

ANS1330S This node currently has a pending restartable restore session.

The requested operation cannot complete until this session either
completes or is canceled.

I have changed the following setting to perform multiple restore:

update node #### maxnummp=10
maxsession 25

My device type is file
I have set mountlimit to 10

Also, I have changed the resourceutilization to 10 (changed in the dsm.sys file)

thanks and regards,
Devesh Gupta