ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Slow TSM DB Backup Update#1

2012-03-07 10:36:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Slow TSM DB Backup Update#1
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:26:58 -0600
Hi........e-mail from IBM Matt Powell TSM L2 Support

I have AIX support, TSM development and TSM ATS Performance teams looking
at this problem.   The TSM teams are also responsible for DB2.

The only change to your system was the OS upgrade.  The TSM ATS Performance
team has had other customers report this same problem and they resolved it
by down leveling AIX to level 6.1.6.x.

I'm currently working with Mike Long (AIX support) to get to the bottom of
this.

We have tested TSM with AIX 7.1 and it also was shower for the DB backup
performance.    I have provided this information to Mike Long.

You can test a higher AIX patch level other then AIX 7.1 and if you get
good DB backup speeds, please let us know.

Best regards,
Matt Powell
TSM L2 Support