ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AIX DST patch: anyone else apply?

2012-03-06 11:52:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] AIX DST patch: anyone else apply?
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:50:48 +0000
Folks:
  A little late, but we are curious.

  We are running 10 TSM servers (v6.2.3.0) on 2 IBM Power 550s running AIX
6.1 TL7 SP1.

  Over the weekend, we got notified of a bug in the DST processing
(apparently introduced via a coding change in the last year).  After
considerable head scratching, we decided to apply the eFix because we had
no way to verify/guarantee that all of our applications were using the
default TZ (which was "EST5EDT" - not a custom value, and thus not at risk
from the bug).

  Did other see this alert and chose to apply?  Or ignore?

----
Robert Talda
EZ-Backup Team, CIT/Systems & Operations
Cornell University
rpt4 AT cornell DOT edu
607-255-8280