ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM cfg-mgr and managed servers during 5.5 > 6.3 upgrade

2012-02-28 16:19:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM cfg-mgr and managed servers during 5.5 > 6.3 upgrade
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:10:26 -0500
I have five version 5.5 TSM Servers that I am preparing to upgrade to
6.3.

One server is designated as the configuration manager and the other 4
are managed servers for admin schedules, policy domains, etc.

While I might have missed it I don't recall the documentation discussing
how to handle them.

Do I start with the cfg-mgr, the managed servers, does it matter ?

When upgraded are the configuration manager and managed server roles
retained?

I will be using the new system network method and before I get started
would like to know how more about how to handle, and feedback or links
would be appreciated.

TIA

~Rick

Jacksonville. FL.