ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What if

2012-02-22 13:56:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What if
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:44:54 +0100
On 22 feb. 2012, at 14:20, Ehresman,David E. wrote:

> What if there were a
>
> 1)      storage pool with retonly=15 and retextra=15
>
> 2)      it received data from a backup node (NDMP) process
>
> 3)      the NDMP runs a full backup once every six months
>
> 4)      the NDMP run an incremental monthly on the months a full is not run
>
> What data does TSM actually retain?

Normally all incremental (differential) backups according to the retention
policies plus all full backups that they depend on. So one would normally
expect to see at least one diff and one full.

Now, your retention period is actually shorter that the interval between
backups. I'd expect to see at least one full and optionally an incremental if
the last backup made was not the full.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post