ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 : NAS share folder backup from TSM client

2012-02-17 10:45:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 : NAS share folder backup from TSM client
From: George Huebschman <george.huebschman AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:33:55 -0500
We had this maddening problem at my former employer.
We had all the permissions we needed, and we were in the admin group.
The problem was only with a handful of files from day to day...not even
every day.  The same files would fail repeatedly until I could apply a
workaround to get them backed up.
The files had EXACTLY the same permissions and ownership as files that
backed up successfully.
For the most part they were .xls and .pdf files.

IBM support suggested that I try toggling VSCAN off and manually backing up
the files.  That was the only thing we found that worked.
I had to do that manually two or three times a week.
After we moved from McAffe to Symantec the problem went away.  Until it
came back 8 or 9 months later.

IBM and Microsoft and Netapp and virus software vendors all feel the
problem is "that other guy."  I never found a real fix.

George Huebschman