ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 : NAS share folder backup from TSM client

2012-02-16 15:51:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 : NAS share folder backup from TSM client
From: "Lakshminarayanan, Rajesh" <Rajesh.Lakshminarayanan AT DFS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:27:58 +0800
Hi ,

    I have a situation where my share folder backup through ba-client
fails with " ANS5174E A required NT privilege is not held"  error
message.  Share folder from NAS server is mounted to a windows 2003
Standard Edition(SP2) server.  Profile(tsm domain profile) which is used
to perform tsm backup is used to mount the share folder to windows
server and it has read & write privilege to the share folder.  I am able
to  create & delete a file from  the share folder using the tsm profile.

    I am surprised why my backup fails with this error message when I
have the needful privilege.  Even at the NAS end I have full permission
on this particular share folder.

    I raised a support call and they suggest me to look at the
permission in the windows server.  I have checked it and it look fine.

    has any one encountered this issue before, do share me how this can
be fixed.   Or Do I need to follow the NAS backup approach, if so Can I
perform the backup through LAN instead of attaching a tape drive to NAS
server.

   below are my environment details

 Server --> TSM server (5.5.5.0) in AIX (6100-04-01-0944).
 Client --> TSM ba-client (5.5.2.12) in Windows 2003 Standard edition
(SP2)

  NAS server --> QNAP TS-809U-RP Turbo

Regards,

Rajesh Lakshminarayanan