ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration performance TSM 5.5 (request)

2012-02-16 15:41:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration performance TSM 5.5 (request)
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:38:05 +0000
Hi Eric

Using your selects on my local TSM instance I am getting between 761 to
1057 obs/s the vast majority are round 800.

The DB is a tiddler @ 92GB and 77% util.  I have 12 DB vols at about 12.2GB
each (don't recall why that size tbh) across TWO filesystems.  Most of the
in use volumes are on the 1st filesystem.  So, in summary, NOT an optimal
design.

What is your server platform?  Mine is AIX.

I know little about VMAX as we are 100% an IBM shop - but the 1st thing i'd
check for in your environ is the queue depth on the DB disks and the HBA's
that service it.  I know that the AIX defaults can be very low.

Steven