ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.3 installation issues.....

2012-02-14 13:03:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.3 installation issues.....
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:16:47 -0500
4GB of memory for a DB2 based server install?  The specs call for a
minimum of 8GB and usually 16GB is preferred/suggested. I have one Linux
server running V6.2.3 with 8GB and it is an offsite DR type server that
houses nothing but DBSnapshot backups.  No production machine is less than
16GB and my bigger ones are 48GB memory.

Since you are coming from AIX, why did you choose Windows vs Linux for
your VM?

While I too have had "skimishes" with DB2, the difference in performance
and expandability is worth the little pain (and required learning).

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services