ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.3 node replication

2012-02-07 23:46:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.3 node replication
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:39:41 +1300
Hi,

I'm keen to make use of the new features in TSM 6.3, one of which is node
replication.  However, the client I'm working with has limited bandwidth
between datacenters and there is no way that 4TB of change a day is going to be
copied across the link even if it is deduplicated.  Is there a way to replicate
just the metadata and not the actual data, whilst shipping copy pool tapes by
courier?  My original, pre-release, understanding was that this was possible
but the documentation is leaving me less clear.

I was thinking along the lines of configuring nodes for replication, but
disabling replication for the filespaces - but does that copy the entries for
data contained on the copy pool volumes even if it doesn't copy the objects?