ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Isilon backup

2012-02-06 14:46:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Isilon backup
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:38:04 -0500
On 02/02/2012 04:12 PM, Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT wrote:
Anyone backup an Isilon array? Using 3592 tape drives?  The sales guys say it
is just NDMP.
I am looking for just basic information (good, bad, Oh Smurf!).  One may be in
our future.

We're contemplating such a device, too.

In our plans so far, we're thinking 'replicate and snap' for DR
purposes.  Longer term archives aren't currently under consideration,
but pleasantly they don't have the same frequency issues.  If it takes
me a week to do an incr once a year, I'm less concerned.

- Allen S. Rout