ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Isilon backup

2012-02-02 17:54:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Isilon backup
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:44:18 -0800
We have a bunch of Isilon storage, and back it up using over NFS using
TSM proxy nodes. Our data is easy to segregate into virtual mountpoints,
though, which helps us get pretty good parallelism.

I took one look at NDMP and have stayed well away from it because it
simply doesn't scale. I have a feeling it's designed to benefit tape
library vendors.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354