ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 Admin Center and Reporting

2012-01-31 17:29:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 Admin Center and Reporting
From: Jim Neal <jrneal AT BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:22:43 -0800
Hi All,

I am trying to install 2 TSM version 6.2 add-ons.  The first is Admin
Center, and the second is Tivoli Storage Manager Reporting and Monitoring.
I can't make heads or tails of the documentation for either product and
neither is working properly.

After, I installed the Reporting piece, it then asks me to create a DB2
database.  Why?  If this is for TSM 6.x, shouldn't the db2 database be
created automatically?  What good is this so called-reporting program if you
have to build everything from scratch anyway?

Admin Center is even worse.  It won't install at all.  It just gives me a
message that says "Deployment Engine Failed to Initialize.  Please check
with the log files for a more complete description of the failure.".  The
only problem is, there are no log files.

I am running the installation on a VM running windows 2k3 server.  Ram and
disk space are not an issue.  Any suggestions/help will be greatly
appreciated.   Thanks!

Jim Neal

Sr. TSM Administrator

Storage and Backup Group