ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windsows 2008 failover cluster, SQL Server and TSM

2012-01-25 16:48:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windsows 2008 failover cluster, SQL Server and TSM
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:39:09 +0000
There are a few steps you have to take to make sure this works:
1. install the TDP on both nodes of the cluster (in the same directory path on
each box).
2.  Setup the dsm.opt file in a directory on a clustered disk.
3.  run the TDP and initialize the password in the registry. (and make sure
it's going to work)
4.  install the TDP service using something like this for the command line:
dsmcutil inst /name:"TSM TDP SqlSchedule Cluster <SQLNODENAME>-CL-SQL"
/node:<SQLNODENAME>-CL-SQL /password:whatever /autostart:no
/clientdir:"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"Q:\TSM\SQL\dsm.opt"
5.  Fail over to the other node and again install the services with the exact
same parameters.
6.  Add the generic service to your Fail over cluster Group, and test.
        Make sure to add the registry key to be replicated:
        SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Nodes\<SQLNODENAME>-CL-SQL\TSMSERVER1
        Then set the options to have the generic service NOT cause a failover
if it can't run.

Of course have the clusternode yes, and other cluster options setup in the
dsm.opt file.

I have several of these setup, and they fail over and back pretty well.  There
was a version of the TDP/BA client that would "eat" the password and then fail
to start the scheduler, but I think that has been fixed in latter versions.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!