ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Licensing for retained Oracle backups

2012-01-23 11:28:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Licensing for retained Oracle backups
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:18:13 -0500
My employer removed an HP-UX Oracle server from service a couple of years
ago. When the system was active it performed flat file backups with the
TSM backup/archive client and Oracle database backups with TSM for
Databases. My department has been directed to retain both types of
backup for 25 years to meet regulatory requirements.

The system had a 200 value unit processor configuration. I know we will
need to earmark 200 TSM Extended Edition value units for the system for
as long as we retain the backup files. Will we also need to earmark
200 TSM for Databases value units for the system to legitimize
retention of the Oracle backups?

Thomas Denier