ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Sources of discrepancy between FILE volume size on disk and reported space?

2012-01-04 12:42:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Sources of discrepancy between FILE volume size on disk and reported space?
From: "Underdown,John William" <JUNDERDOWN AT SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 17:35:34 +0000
Thanks Alex,

that works! it'll save me a TON of space!

is this a great forum or WHAT?!?!?!

On 01/04/2012 09:17 AM, Alexander Heindl wrote:
> use a nonblocked pool
> (you cannot change this setting - you'll need to move all data)
>
> consider some disadvantages of nonblocked data, e.g. no autocopy with
> "blocked" pools...
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>

> Von: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
> An: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Datum: 04.01.2012 15:04
> Betreff: Re: [ADSM-L] Sources of discrepancy between FILE volume size on
> disk and reported space?
> Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>

> On 01/04/2012 08:01 AM, Underdown,John William wrote:
>  > i have the same issue with our document-imaging backups. this is due to
>  > zillions of itty-bitty files being backed up, see below. btw, the
>  > TXNGROUPMAX option only applies to files being backed up, not moved or
>  > reclaimed. [...]
>
> Sounds like this could very well be my problem. Thanks!
>
> Shame I can't fix it for extant data. I might not be able to fix it at
> all: if the content managment system sends just a page, or just a
> packet of metadata, the txngroupmax will be irrelevant: transaction
> size = 1. :P
>

> - Allen S. Rout

NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the person or
entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential,
proprietary, and/or privileged material. Unless you are the
intended addressee, any review, reliance, dissemination,
distribution, copying or use whatsoever of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please reply
immediately and delete the material from all computers. Email sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not use email to send us
confidential information such as credit card numbers, PIN numbers,
passwords, Social Security Numbers, Account numbers, or other
important and confidential information.