ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Select Statement

2011-12-22 15:06:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Select Statement
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:59:57 -0500
Carefully consider extending the retention on the Summary table, as the amount
of data can be large, taxing your database.  What I prefer to do is keep a
smallish Summary table, given that the need to query old data is rare, where I
keep 30 days of Activity Log data in the database and older days as text files
stored in HSM, which I can grep or analyze for historic information.  The TSM
accounting records are a further good source of historic statistical info on
client sessions.

     Richard Sims    still plugging away at Boston University