ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 3494 library questions

2011-12-14 15:55:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 3494 library questions
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:40:23 -0500
-----Gary Lee wrote: -----

>1. If I define both 3494s to one machine, how to define them both to
>tsm?  By serial number?

In the more recent releases of TSM, you would execute a 'define library'
command and a 'define path' command for each library. The two 'define
path' commands would use different values for the 'device' parameter.
Under Linux, the value for each 'device' parameter is the same as the
first field in the appropriate line of /etc/ibmatl.conf. As far as I
can recall, all Unix implementations except AIX also work this way.
Under AIX, the value for the 'device' parameter is the name of a
special file in /dev used to communicate with the appropriate library.
I don't know how the special file names are related to the contents
of /etc/ibmatl.conf.

I have no idea what you would do under TSM releases predating the
introduction of the 'define path' command.

Thomas Denier