ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring (DB2) API data using the BA client

2011-12-13 05:07:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring (DB2) API data using the BA client
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:55:17 +0100
Since the DB2 API only act as a media manager for DB2, the B/A client wont be
able to read what has actually been backed up.

So the answer to your question is no, the B/A client cant restore data that has
been backed up using DB2 (through the TSM API).

What you can do to restore the data is

a) Install a DB2 server and then restore the data using that instance

b) Start writing your own software to retrieve the stored objects on the TSM
server through the TSM API.

Out of the alternatives, I'd say A is alot easier.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB