ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Max File Limitation and other questions

2011-12-09 11:55:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Max File Limitation and other questions
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:47:56 -0800
Depending on the client operation, you'll run out of address space if
you're on a platform for which IBM only distributes 32-bit BA clients
(i.e. x86 Linux). There's ways you can mitigate this (for instance,
virtual mount points, memory efficient backup option). We still run into
problems around 10-20 million files in a single operation though.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354