ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Internally pre-labeled tapes?

2011-11-15 14:37:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Internally pre-labeled tapes?
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:33:56 -0500
I tried this a couple years ago, but it never worked for me.  I kept
getting label i/o errors.  I suppose I should have pursued this with TSM
support at the time.
I suppose this would be the best solution if it worked.  I think i'll give
it another shot.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
11/15/2011 02:16 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Internally pre-labeled tapes?

Why not update the library with autolabel=yes. Then the tapes are labeled
on
first use and you don't need to worry about free drives. Just check them
in
with checkl=b.

Joerg Pohlmann