ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] comm/idle/resource timeout values - take 2

2011-10-27 14:54:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] comm/idle/resource timeout values - take 2
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:47:13 +0200
Hi Richard,

which version of TSM are you running? In some version (6.3 ???) of TSM the SCSI
reservation method changed. SO if you mix various levels, you might find
yourself in trouble, of if you don't set the SCSI reservation key correctly.

Also, there is a bug in TSM 5.5.2 and lower for NDMP where the NAS filer might
report SCSI reservation conflicts because TSM doesn't track the NDMP session
properly.

Also, I've seen SCSI reservation conflicts reported when the server2server
communication from (IIRC) the LM to the LC doesn't work. Check if you can route
commands in both directions properly...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post