ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Failing cifs backup on Isilon NAS

2011-10-27 11:05:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Failing cifs backup on Isilon NAS
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:59:21 -0700
Can you backup over NFS instead? We do that for our Isilon clusters and it works surprisingly well.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354

On 10/27/11 04:19 AM, Stefan Folkerts wrote:
Hi guy's,

A customer of ours got themselves a new NAS system and need to make backups
using the ba client (they don't want an ndmp solutions just yet).

I am using a user account that can access/copy/delete data on the cifs share
I am trying to backup but running a TSM backup doesn´t work.
Now I know that TSM support for cifs shares is limited on some devices,
might be the case here but I am still wondering if anybody has seen this
before and/or might have a solution for this issue.

If I just do a dsmc i \\server\share it also fails on the same ANS1228E and
ANS4007E messages.

http://imgur.com/7YzYl

I suspect it has something to do with reading the security metadata of the
dir's/files and fails to do so but I am not sure.

Regards,
   Stefan