ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] expiration

2011-10-20 10:48:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] expiration
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:23:12 -0400
On 10/20/2011 09:00 AM, Tim Brown wrote:

If I have a client that I need to not run a backup on for specific
DR reasons since it is missing some files.  I don't want the backup
to mark those as expired and thus actually expired as part of the
inventory process

Thus if I run the full expire inventory process on the server and
not the client backup the missing files on the server wont expire
and will remain active.

An important distinction here: older "Inactive" file versions will
continue to age away and be discarded by successive expiration
processes.

But if the file was active the last time you ran an incremental of the
machine, it will stay that way, and you can expire inventory as often
as you like.  Only inactive file versions will be eventually pared
away.

- Allen S. Rout