ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange mailbox / calendar restoress

2011-10-18 16:34:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange mailbox / calendar restoress
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:27:34 -0400
Hi Gary,

Yes. You can use a separate Exchange Server and perform all of your
"Mailbox Restores" (IMRs) there. You would set it up to access the TSM
Server
as the NODENAME that performed the backup and then perform the "Mailbox
Restore".
Data Protection for Exchange will automatically create the
Recovery Storage Group/Database, restore the database into the RSG/RDB,
extract the requested mailbox data and then cleanup.
You can point the destination of the restore to a .PST file,
a separate mailbox, or back to the original mailbox.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/18/2011
04:02:29 PM: