ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Check signals on Power vs. x86...

2011-10-07 02:41:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Check signals on Power vs. x86...
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:36:21 +0200
Well, I have customers running both AIX and RHEL, and my experience this far is
that AIX still outperforms RHEL on I/O performance. It might be that the
systems running AIX usually have more expensive/higher performance equipment
connected to them than their RHEL counterpart.

I also prefer the device management on AIX compared to Linux (IBMTape, storage
device management, LVM) aswell as the cluster capabilities that are provided.

But in the end, I guess it all comes down to what competence you have in-house,
and what the budget is. Linux is still a very competitive option.

Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB