ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problems with DocAve SharePoint TDP Restore

2011-09-27 04:05:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problems with DocAve SharePoint TDP Restore
From: "Kirk S." <S.Kirk AT SOTON.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:51:24 +0000
Hi all,

We have some work currently underway to try and get the SharePoint TDP for
TSM (aka DocAve) installed and working. We've downloaded and installed
v6.1.4 from Passport Advantage and have been able to configure and run
successful backups.

However on testing the restore process, it seems that we're getting an
error message - see below. This message has been generated when trying to
carry out a site recovery, having deleted the site from within SharePoint
2010 in order to test the restore process.

09/26/2011 15:47:06 Type: (Site Collection) Path:
(http://mysite.example.ac.uk:100) , Status: (Successful)
09/26/2011 15:47:06 Type: (Site) Path: (http://mysite.example.ac.uk:100/.)
An error occurred while restoring a site. Url:..Object reference not set to an
instance of an object.
Run Time:           00:00:26
Statistical result: <1 MB data, 1(0) site collections, 1(1) sites, 0(0) lists,
0(0) folders, 0(0) items.

When the error message is produced, the correct domain appears in the
error.

Has anyone else seen this error message before? I've seen a similar
message when searching on adsm.org but not the same error message. There
doesn't seem to be much other information available within the DocAve
software itself, but it does look as though it is trying and failing to
carry out an action on the database. It seems as though it is trying to
connect to the database that has been deleted however I will have to ask
the DBA to confirm that part tomorrow. The account has been given sa
access on the database as a test and the error is still generated.

TSM version this is going to is v6.2.2 running on Linux however I don't
think that is particularly relevant.

Any help gratefully received!

Cheers,
Steve