ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] List of tapes needed for partial restore.

2011-09-23 09:30:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] List of tapes needed for partial restore.
From: Erwann SIMON <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:18:45 +0000
Hi Ferid,

With the 6.x client, there is a new option called querysummary for query backup
and query archive commands.
Using this option adds information about the data query (volume of data, number
of files...) and the number of volumes required to satisfy the equivalent
restore or retrieve.

There is also an undocumented similar option called querydetail that give the
ID of the volumes required, in an hexa form. You then need to convert it to
decimal (or vice-versa) and then look in the TSM database called ss_volumes_id
(or something similar) to convert volume IDs to volume names.

I don't have the full and precise method with me but that's'the idea.

Regard,
Erwann
--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي