ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 5.5.2.0, an IBM 3434 library and 4 * 3592 tapedrives (question)

2011-09-21 11:25:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5.2.0, an IBM 3434 library and 4 * 3592 tapedrives (question)
From: "Minns, Farren - Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:19:04 +0100
Hi Guys

Still mopping up after the power cut at the weekend :-(

I'm still having issue where intermittently, TSM stop being able to access al
the drives. However, I 'think' I have narrowed the problem down to a specific
drive.

Now, when I'm looking at tape mounts during a backup of tapepool to copypool,
I'm seeing the tape vol mounted in the (maybe) faulty drive as R/O.

I understand that the tape is only being read from, but I have seen other
volumes in other drives being read from, but still have a status of R/W.

So, the short question. Where/when/why/how is the R/O flag set on the tape
volume?

Regards

Farren
John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England
with registered number 641132.
Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex,
United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.