ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Issue with tape drive - TSM Polling it but can't access it (TSM 5.5.2.0)

2011-09-20 05:17:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Issue with tape drive - TSM Polling it but can't access it (TSM 5.5.2.0)
From: "Minns, Farren - Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:13:36 +0100
Hi All

Been ages since I have been on here as I don't really have a lot of dealings
with TSM these days but this issue has come my way :-/

Basically, a 3592E drive in our 3494 library cannot be seen by TSM (it just
keeps polling). This has occurred since a power outage at the weekend (don't
ask).

Not, from the Solaris server, I can mount/un-mount a tape with the mtlib
command, so that would say to me the tape drive itself is ok. But, if I
initiate anything from within TSM, I have no joy.

I have checked that the path and drive are both online.

Can anyone advise on this please?

Regards

Farren Minns
John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England
with registered number 641132.
Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex,
United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.