ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Virtual library bar code length

2011-09-15 11:54:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Virtual library bar code length
From: "Ehresman,David E." <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:44:41 +0000
I have a virtual tape library that is emulating a 3584.  It is set to Autolabel
and Relabel Scratch so that any time a tape in this library goes scratch, its
label gets rewritten. The library is currently set to use a bar code length of
6.  If I change that to 8, as tapes goes scratch they will get rewritten with
the longer bar code label.  Existing tapes should still be accessible using the
shorter vol/ser.  As long as I don't do an 'audit library' which would empty
all the shorter vol/ser, do you foresee any problems?

David