ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Old problem?

2011-09-14 09:46:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Old problem?
From: TSM User <user.tsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:43:18 -0400
I swear I've seen this before, years ago on older versions, but I don't for
the life of me remember what caused it, and Google searches aren't turning
anything up.  I've got a Windows 2008 6.2 server, and a number of Windows
clients at 5.5.  At the moment, they're going straight to tape.  What I'm
seeing is that a backup will mount a tape, write a bit of data, and
dismount, and immediately request a remount.  Like I said, I'm convinced I
saw this once years ago, and that it was one odd little configuration
setting somewhere.  But I can't think of what it could be.  The mount
retention on the device class was left at the default of 60 minutes, and I
did see idle tapes still mounted last night, so that appears to be working
normally.  I'd appreciate any thoughts you all have.

Thanks!