ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] electronic vaulting for "archive"

2011-09-13 10:57:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] electronic vaulting for "archive"
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:30:37 +0100
My definition of "Electronic vaulting" is using electronic means to transfer
backup/archive data to your offsite repository.  This is really regardless
of what the target is.

I currently electronically vault to both ProtecTIER and TS3500 libraries.

So, in essence if your primary to copy stgpool is not done by physically
moving media, you are vaulting electronically.

Steven