ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] exefull.log locked in Exchange 2010

2011-09-08 16:06:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] exefull.log locked in Exchange 2010
From: Johnny Lea <jlea AT UMC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 20:02:21 +0000
We are moving to Exchange 2010 and backups have been running fine since setting
them up.  Initially I did not allow enough maxscratch in the stgpool so the
backups failed a couple of nights ago.  I increase the maxscratch but now the
tdpexcc backup command (tdpexcc backup /excludedagactive /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt
/logfile=excsch.log >> excfull.log) fails with error "The process cannot access
the file because it is being used by another process."
I was able to determine the file that it couldn't access was the excfull.log.
It seemed to have gotten "locked" .  I sent the output of the excfull.cmd to
another another log file and backups were able to run again.
Has anyone seen this scenario and know why the log file remained locked after
the initial failure?

TSM server 6.2
TDP for mail 6.1.2

Thanks,
Johnny

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not authorized
to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information and notify the
sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using this
information in any way.