ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.2. restore from Data Domain 880

2011-08-25 17:56:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.2. restore from Data Domain 880
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:19:10 -0500
Is anybody else performing Disaster Recovery testing of AIX 6.1 TSM 6.2.2.0 by
restoring the database directly from a Data Domain 880 file device?

My problem is that I can restore the database some of the time, and get
"ANR4522E RESTORE DB failed with LOG file error." the rest of the time.  I have
opened PMR 36668,122 but the tech seems to think the problem is that I'm using
a script to generate the db restore command, despite the fact that I've
explained that the problem is intermittent.

I've copied the database files to local storage prior to a restore attempt.  If
I can restore from the local copy I can restore directly from the DD880.  If
the local copy restore files with a log file error, the DD880 restore has the
same problem.  It looks like corrupted Db backup files are being written
(sometimes).  I'm searching through logs and would appreciate any suggestions.

Jim Schneider
United Stationers