ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] checkout libvol on 3584 - says slots are full

2011-08-25 16:06:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] checkout libvol on 3584 - says slots are full
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:53:14 -0400
yes, tried the reply . . .just sits there.

Rick

From:   Robert Clark <robert.clark7 AT USBANK DOT COM>
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:   08/25/2011 03:06 PM
Subject:        Re: checkout libvol on 3584 - says slots are full

Did you try "reply 26"?

[RC]

From:   Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:   08/25/2011 09:57 AM

I'm trying to checkout of a 3584 a bunch of tapes. THe 3584 has one
logical library.

I'm issuing cmd:

 checkout libvol 3584go J04432 remove=bulk checklabel=no
   (origionally had vollist=a,b,c,etc)

It's failing with q request:

 ANR8352I Requests outstanding:
 ANR8387I 026: All entry/exit ports of library 3584GO are full or
inaccessible.
 Empty the entry/exit ports, close the entry/exit port door, and make the
ports accessible.

Anything I try doesn't change this, other than canceling the request.

The door cap slots are empty.
I ran a "checkin libvol 3584go search=yes status=scratch label=barcode"
and it find no volumes to checkin, so the virtual slots are empty also.

I'm stumped . . . cap door slots are empty and there isn't anything in the
virtual cap slots.

Any help is appreciated!

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications
privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you
are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally
prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise
disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the
sender that you have received this communication in error, and then
immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.