ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Start time for webinar

2011-07-28 13:42:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] Start time for webinar
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:38:52 -0400
Earlier this morning I connected to the Technical Exchange Web site
to check the start time for 'TSM for Virtual Environments'. The
time was listed as '11:00 EST (24-hour time, GMT−05:00)'. I was
initially concerned about the 'EST', wondering whether 11:00 EDT
was intended or whether the session was really going to start when
it was 11:00 in the parts of the Eastern Time Zone that do not
observe daylight saving time. It then occurred to me that the GMT
offset eliminated any ambiguity about the intended meaning. I
connected to the Webinar at about 10:50 GMT-05:00 and found that
it was more than half over.

How did Tivoli become a multi-national business without figuring
out how to keep time zones straight?