ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Rman not deleting old backups

2011-07-25 09:15:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Rman not deleting old backups
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:10:15 -0400
Yes, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks,
David Ehresman

David E Ehresman wrote:

> Awhile back someone shared on this list their commands/scripts for
> verifying that rman was not leaving any old backups on the TSM
server.
> I can't seem to find it now.  Ring a bell with anyone?

David, is this the thread you're remembering (both Eric van Loon & I
provided select statements that seem related to what you're looking
for)?

  Nested SQL?
  http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg82918.html

(My Oracle DBA just cleaned up about 45 TB of stale/orphaned/obsolete
RMAN backups based on the report I send him monthly...)

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems
Admin