ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archiving problem

2011-07-21 08:30:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archiving problem
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:27:52 -0400
Hi Timothy,

You are referring to the "q ar" command? That would be TSM client only. The
TSM server does not understand the TSM client commands.

As I mentioned, you can also try the Web Client GUI to navigate the
archives for that file system. Another alternative is to see what's
available on the TSM server with the following TSM server administrative
command:

select node_name from filespaces where filespace_name='DOCHUB\RESTORE:'

This will help confirm you are accessing the file space with the right node
name.

Once you have confirmed the node name, you can use this TSM server
administrative command to see if any archive objects exist in that file
space:

select count(*) from archives where filespace_name='DOCHUB\RESTORE:' and
node_name='DOCHUB'

If the count is more than 0, I would expect there to be archived objects
that file space. If you want to see the object names, use:

select * from archives where filespace_name='DOCHUB\RESTORE:' and
node_name='DOCHUB'

Notes on the above "select" statements:

- Each of the "select" statements is a single command, but the ADSM-L list
server might format them into two or more lines.

- Values between single quotes must be in upper case, as illustrated

- In the second and third "select" statement I am guessing a node name of
DOCHUB. However, the first "select" statement will confirm the node name.
Be sure to substitute the correct node name (again, in upper case).

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-07-21
07:58:20: