ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Systemstate

2011-07-20 16:07:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Systemstate
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:56:07 -0400
> If a Windows client (v6.2) excludes a file is part of the Systemstate
> backup, is that file still backed up as part of the systemstate?

I assume you are talking about using an EXCLUDE statement to do this, in
which case the answer is yes, it is still backed up (the EXCLUDE is
ignored). You cannot exclude system state files from backup, as that would
violate the integrity of the system state.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-07-20
15:00:54: