ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archiving problem

2011-07-20 09:14:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archiving problem
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:09:11 -0400
Thomas,

The command you should is expected to archive all files whose names begin
with "039" that are located in directory "/CMS/oldpatients", or one of its
subdirectories. Thus:

> Files that are in oldpatients and have names starting with '039' get
> archived.

Yes, that sounds right.

> In cases where a subdirectory of oldpatients has a name
> starting with '039' and contains one file, the subdirectory and the
> one file get archived.

Does the file name also begin with '039'? If not, I would not expect that
directory or file to be archived. Do you have output from the operation
that shows a non-'039' file name being archived?

> In cases where a subdirectory of oldpatients
> has a name starting with '039' and contains multiple files and
> further levels of subdirectories, neither the subdirectory nor any
> of its descendents get archived.

Unless the file names in the '039' directory (or its subdirectories) begin
with '039', I would not expect them to be archived. Do you have a dir
listing of one of these directories that has files beginning with '039',
but were not archived?

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-07-19
15:15:54: