ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need docs for W2008 R2 ASR restore with the 6.2.3 client.

2011-07-19 17:54:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need docs for W2008 R2 ASR restore with the 6.2.3 client.
From: Robert Clark <robert.clark7 AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:49:33 -0700
Hi list,

Has anyone seen a recent document on Windows 2008 system recovery using
WinPE and ASR? (We're using the 6.2.3 client.)

I've found redpaper REDP-3703-00, its better than nothing, but is pretty
dated: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp3703.html?Open

I've looked at https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21164812
although it is a bit scattered and doesn't mention the 6.2.x client.

I've also looked over the section the TSM 6.2.2 information center:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r2/topic/com.ibm.itsm.client.doc/t_res_asrstepswin_vista.html

This piece leaves me with some questions:

What comes just prior to this in the restore process?

What are the assumptions about the state of the local drives before the
"restore systemstate" is started? Diskpart'd? Volumes created? File
systems formatted?

In the section on asrmode, "restore systemstate -asrmode=yes -inactive
-pick" is given as a possible command line syntax. Will we have more than
one version of system state available, when using the 6.2.3 client for
backups? (I''m checking this one next, after the test restore I'm runing
completes.)

Thanks,
[RC]
U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.