ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.

2011-07-13 07:44:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 07:39:22 -0400
Just do these steps and you won't have to do anything from month to month to
get full backups:

1. put all these nodes in their own policy domain
2. copy the policy set in that domain to a new name.
        copy po standard standard standard-full
3. for each management class in the standard-full policy set, change the
backup copygroup to MODE=ABSOLUTE
        upd co standard standard-full <mgmtclass> t=b mode=absolute
4. On the day you want to run the "full" backup, schedule and administrative
schedule that runs:
        def sched schedule-full t=a cmd='act po standard standard-full' ....

You will now get a full ( MODE=ABSOLUTE ) backup for all those nodes the
next time the schedule runs. No having to specify OBJ= on separate schedules
for each node. Just let it run the normal nightly ACT=INCREMENTAL schedules.
The MODE=ABSOLUTE will take care of the rest

5. Create another admin schedule for the following day to set it back to the
normal MODE=MODIFIED
        def sched reset-mode t=a cmd='Act po standard standard'
blah-blah-blah

Then from month to month there will be no changes on your part to get fulls.
For all the nodes you put in this policy domain, you'll get full backups.