ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.

2011-07-12 07:06:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:01:10 -0400
On Jul 12, 2011, at 2:04 AM, Lakshminarayanan, Rajesh wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
>    Thnx for your suggestion... Domain option is specified in my client
> dsm.opt file. But still my schedule ends  with failure message(RC-12)
>
>    Should I need to remove the drive name specified in the object
> parameter in the scheduler when the domain option is specified in the
> dsm.opt file....

Yes; the Objects list will cause the DOMain statement specs to be disregarded,
much like performing 'dsmc incremental a: b: c:'.  The point of the DOMain
option is to allow each client to have a drives list which is specific to its
environment, given that computer disk complements can vary so much.

And: In your backups, be certain that you really want a Selective backup rather
than Incremental, to avoid bloating your TSM server storage pools.

    Richard Sims