ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.

2011-07-11 06:43:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.
From: "Lakshminarayanan, Rajesh" <Rajesh.Lakshminarayanan AT DFS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:41:11 +0800
Hi Guys,

    I have a scenario where I need to schedule a full backup for 10
client nodes(windows server) under one schedule in the TSM server.  All
the client nodes have different drive list in it.  If I group them under
once scheduler with  drive list specified in the object parameter of the
scheduler, I get backup failure messages from the client nodes as all
the drives specified in the scheduler is not available in the client
node.    I don;t want to schedule 10 separate schedulers for each client
node in the TSM server.    I have constrains to run the backup on the
same day and time.

   Can you some one help me with a work around with this..

Scenario's example:

Client Node 1 has C: D :  drives
Client Node 2 has C: D : F: drives
Client Node 3 has C: D : E: drives