ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB stats look Off

2011-06-29 17:17:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB stats look Off
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:12:10 -0500
Ladies and Gents,  evidently I'm not getting something about these
stats.

"                 Database Name: TSMDB1

Total Size of File System (MB): 161,792

    Space Used by Database(MB): 100,032

     Free Space Available (MB): 61,221

                   Total Pages: 5,866,500

                  Usable Pages: 5,866,364

                    Used Pages: 5,745,180

                    Free Pages: 121,152

         Buffer Pool Hit Ratio: 98.5

         Total Buffer Requests: 1,112,407

                Sort Overflows: 0

       Package Cache Hit Ratio: 99.7

  Last Database Reorganization:

        Full Device Class Name: LTO4-ENC

  Incrementals Since Last Full: 0

Last Complete Backup Date/Time: 06/29/2011 11:30:20

"

It looks like I have 60 GB free, and I'm doing pretty well.  However, it
was showing 20 GB free this morning, and at about noon it died saying it
was out of space.  So, I'm wondering if the DB will actually use the
full size of the file system, or do I need to run a command that will
tell it how big the file space is?  My understanding is that when the
Free pages get low, TSM / DB2 will automatically grow the db until the
filespace fills up.  However, I had 20+ GB Free in the file system
earlier today.

See Ya'

Howard Coles Jr.

John 3:16!