ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] EMERGENCY QUESTION: RESTORE ONLY PERMISSIONS?

2011-06-17 15:12:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] EMERGENCY QUESTION: RESTORE ONLY PERMISSIONS?
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:02:42 -0400
And TSM only keeps one version of unix permissions.  So once a backup is
done with the changed permissions, there is no TSM way to restore them
back to what they were before.

David

>>> "Moyer, Joni M" <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM> 6/17/2011 1:45 PM >>>
Hi Everyone,

I was just contacted and told that something changed group ownership on
every file starting in / (root), so what I'm asking is, is there anyway
to just restore permissions only and not the actual data?  This is for a
Solaris TSM client.

Just let me know.

Thanks so much in advance!

Joni

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without
the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail
message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
subsidiaries, or affiliates.